SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wife wants to live on a sailboat again....
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007

Snowwolf is on a distinguished road
You guy's have been very helpful. Sailingdog the Beth Leonard's "The Voyager's Handbook I have is the second edition is this the new book that she came out with last month? My Wife has mentioned about a Cat but arent they alot more expensive than a regular Sailboat and our budget is going to run around 50,000 t0 80,000 depending on the type of loan we can get ect.. So in this price range could you get a decent boat, we would like to stick to the $50,000 range. Also are the Cats not good blue water sailing boats? The problem we have is here in Myrtle Beach we don't have many places to actually sail except in the ocean. We just have the waterway but you have to motor on that. Our goal is to eventually move to Wilmington NC or Charleston SC. Some of you guy's live on boats up North, and I was afraid it would be freezing here in SC during the winter to even live on a boat. I don't see how some of you guy's pull that off LOL. Do you think the DIY magazine is a good one to get? I am very interested on learning how to work on a boat also. Our main goal is going to be my wife is going to work, and I would work part time, then work on the boat, learn all about it. She said living on a boat is a lot of maintenance and work. Do you guy's find this true? The other thing that might kill this whole thing is if we have a baby. We want a baby within the next year or so but is it an extreme safety hazard to have babies on a boat, and could you possible do it? My wife said she met people when she lived on a boat where there were kids that were raised on boats. We are both in our early 30's.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook