SailNet Community - View Single Post - Brokers
Thread: Brokers
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Man i can tell you a story that happened last month. we had put in an offer on what we thought was our dream boat and it was accepted. I wont go into details but some highlights. the broker met us at the yard for survey (so we thought). as soon as we handed him our down payment check, he said he needed to move his car for the crane to pass. he jumped in his Benz and took off!

Surveyor: i wouldnt put this boat in the water without a bottom job.
Broker: theres still some paint left on it, cant you see its blue?

Surveyor: all steering cables, shafts and joints need to be lubed before sea trial.
Broker: just get a can of wd40 and spray it good, itll be fine.

Boat Yard: if you buy this boat, it'll have to be moved outta the yard within 24 hours
Broker: if you buy it ,we'll find you a slip dont worry.

We came home boatless, dissapointed and disillusioned and it only costs us about $1100. (680 mile round trip=gas,food,hotel,surveyor).
we're still recovering from that one. wife wants me to hold off on boat shopping for awhile and just enjoy our little 25 footer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

Last edited by uspirate; 05-10-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook