SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted- St Martin to NYC
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002

rodwolfe is on a distinguished road
Crew Wanted- St Martin to NYC

Gil,

I''m interested in your crew opportunity and have a perfectly flexible schedule after being "downsized" just last week. My wife and I have been sailing our Hunter 26 for the last 2 years on inland waters. I have additional experience gained last February on a Beneteau 381 while obtaining my ASA Bareboat Certification with Captain Ted Wheeler of the Blue Water Sailing School. The course consisted of one week in the Florida Keys - Ft. Lauderdale to Key Largo and return. I had the additional pleasure during that trip of spending a few hours as crew and helmsman on a Hunter Express Passage 50 off the coast of Miami.

I''m 35 years old, married, and reasonably fit and healthy. I don''t smoke and usually only drink a bit on Friday and Saturday with friends. I''m easy going, stable, great to get along with, and I can play a few Buffett songs on the guitar.

During college, before I began my ten-year professional accounting career with a Multinational Agribusiness company, I worked as a professional whitewater guide on the many wild rivers of Idaho. I have organized and led groups of up to twenty people on up to eight day trips through the Idaho wilderness. I have additionally spent many years traveling these same rivers in my whitewater kayak and competing in whitewater slalom and freestyle events in the region.

Please take a look at my professional resume at http://resumes.yahoo.com\rodwolfe\cma for a glimpse of my professional accomplishments. My career has afforded me the opportunity to travel and work extensively in China, Korea, Indonesia, Mexico, and Europe as a trouble-shooter and problem-solver.

I''m a responsible and easy-going mate who will carry my weight in all passage responsibilities, all watches, provisioning, meal prep, and maintenance. I ask for no compensation other than the opportunity to learn from a skilled seaman in an offshore environment. I hope you will consider getting to know me better and allowing me to help you safely deliver your boat.

I can be reached at home in Boise, Idaho at 208.342.2946 or my mobile number 208.866.5228 for further discussion.

Fair winds,

Rod Wolfe
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook