SailNet Community - View Single Post - insurance/survey
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: insurance/survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Yes, they often do. Remember what I told you about low prices. Ask your local auto body places what they think of State Farm. Prices are low because they are tough to get money out of for a claim, at least around here. Nothing for nothing.

I'm aware of this particular issue, because one place I deal with will not take a repair job that is being paid by State Farm.
yeah. i have heard that.

however, i only get liability. havinng seen so many people pay big money and then, when their bikes were stolen or totalled, have to add considerable personal money just to replace the vehicle that was supposedly being insured ( because that's how insurance works ), i am not willing to throw my money into the bonfire of full coverage.

if i am paying money to have my items insured, once something happens, i feel that insurance should replace those items.

it's the same if you get hit and have to rely on aother person's liability. you did nothing to cause your vehicle, or other property, to be lost to you. if insurance was not involved, the law would demand that the responsible party(s) make right what they messed up. but, insurance gets away, legally, with giving you a replacement value well below what it would cost you to get the same model and year vehicle, in similar condition.

since i only get liability ( it's a legal requirement ), i am not depending on my insurer to take care of my things, should i be at fault. and, since the law is fine for insurance companies to only partially compensate a person for their losses, at another's hand, i am at full legal compliance whomever i choose for liability.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by captain jack; 02-22-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook