SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are sailing schools worth it?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road
Re: Are sailing schools worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.hess View Post
this is something I did come across...if you did everything the bareboat charters or for example the shcools needed you do then you could take out a boat

but I guess what I found weird was how few places would rent out boats to skilled sailors as is...

they all wanted something, a certificate some sort of membership somewhere or courses taken etc...

and I even showed these guys my master ticket and they were like ok cool but yeah you need to do this first, take this course, etc...etc...

I just felt werid

maybe in the carribean its different?

dunno
You actually showed a bareboat company a ticket and they wouldn't let you rent a boat?
Down here, the bareboat companies are so desperate for customers they give boats to people with absolutely no experience at all.
At least when I was working down here 30 years ago, they had to show that they could operate the boat, or the companies put a "guide" aboard to safeguard the boat.
How things have changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook