SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #6271 of Old 02-23-2014
bobperry
grumpy old man

Re: Interesting Sailboats

No need to be snide again Paulo.

By definition if the Arpege won the Half Ton Cup it was a race boat. and an effective one.
"It quickly gained a reputation in Half Ton Cup racing."

But be clear that what we would define as a "race boat" today is not the same way it would have been defined in 1966. Those were the days of dual purpose boats that were intended to be raced one day and family cruised the next. You can see the exat same philosophy at work in the CCA boats of the same era. They were very cruisy boats designed to rate well under the CCA rule. They were raced and cruised. The line of distiction was not so defined as it is today.

I have no need to belabor this subject any further.

I know you don't like to be challenged on your "facts" but this is a public forum so I will continue to challenge when I think it is warranted.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome