SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Philippe Briand last boats: P2 and Vertigo

The 38m P2 is also a 2008 design and even if I like it less than Bristolian it is a very beautiful yacht with a great interior. It was designed for Perini and it is an aluminium one:

The Yacht P2 competes at the St.Barts Bucket (filmed from the air and onboard). from Onne van der Wal on Vimeo.

But the most incredible one is the Vertigo 220, yes 220ft An aluminum boat.

It is very difficult to design this big yachts that always look like a cross between a motorboat and a sailing boat due to the interior space requirements (charter). Not this one. Its design for this type of yacht is absolutely brilliant:

I hope he finds time to continue to design for us, poor guys that have to content with smaller sailboats. Even those he designs admirably well. The last design in what regards production boats is the very recent and beautiful CNB 76 (I have posted about it). Before that the CNB 60, the jeanneau 57DS and 53Ds, the Sun Odyssey 509, 469, and the 409, a truly great design. Also great designs the First 45 and First 50, two boats that join performance with a great cruising interior.

I like particularly the First 45 that even if near its replacement time is still one of the most beautiful boats around, inside and outside. Kind of classic on its lines.

Interior 360:

Beneteau-first-45

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-23-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook