SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Paulo:

No. Read my post again.
I clearly said "the Robert Finch designed Islander 30".
I have no idea why you posted drawings of those other boats. You are confused.

I am referring to the Islander 30 designed by Robert Finch.
I chose this boat because it was a very popular boat that was raced and cruised. I chose this boat because I raced on an Islander 30 for two years. I know this boat. It's just a nice, dual purpose boat from about the same era as the Arpege. Nothing more.

The Columbia sold well but it was not a well built boat and despite the fact that they sold a lot of them, due to low cost, it was never a succesful race boat. There was a death in a heavy air race in my area in1974 aboard a Columbia 30 with a rudder failure. I was in that race.

But I never mentioned Columbia's in my post. Why are you mentioning Columbias? Columbia built some interesting and very succesful boats. The Columbia 26 was hugely succesful and a very effective racer. The Columbia 52 was quite succesful. But they were chopper gun boats and not well put together. They had a very spotty reputation for quality. I would not use them for a reference.

I think it's high time you let this go. Give it a rest. I have no idea what you are trying to prove. You said your piece and I said mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook