SailNet Community - View Single Post - MC 39 Sloop - feedback
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: MC 39 Sloop - feedback

First, you need to know if Markos finished it or if he sold it as a hull & deck. If the former, I've never heard of any sort of intrinsic problems with them - he was a very good builder and it was his "name" boat. As I noted elsewhere, he did some of, if not THE best work locally at the time and we've had some very good builders around here.

If the latter, as with all home builts, you have to take it case by case. I've seen some that were the equal of anything afloat and others that only a mother could love.

Which one are you looking at? If it's the cheap one in Seattle, I'm virtually certain that was owner completed - the details are unlike Markos' work. It looks pretty well done though. The expensive one with a windshield in Delta is almost certainly his work. Keep in mind I'm only going by the pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.

Last edited by SloopJonB; 02-24-2014 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook