SailNet Community - View Single Post - What a day on the Delaware!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
KptMorgan -

The Delaware City Marina was OK... kinda expensive, but they are the only game in town at that point on the Delaware. They have floating docks which are nicer than dealing with the tide. The current kind of rips down the inlet and there are some overhead power lines just past the marina that made me a bit nervous, but it was a good place to tie up since you were out of the canal.

The trip from Cape May to Atlantic City was fine. Once again, we were socked in by fog. Once again, we had to feel our way to the entrance of the channel using charts, measurements, GPS and radar. Once again, we almost had fishing boats mow us down as they were coming out of the fog. It was a little nervewracking getting into Farley/Trump Marina. The channel is pretty narrow. Once we got to the marina, the tidal currents were going through the slips and I missed my first one but took the next one down the line. I'm happy that it's the off season!!

The fog was still out there today so we decided to stay at Atlantic City. We did a little shopping, a little re-provisioning and then had our kids (and my father in law) meet up with us here. Tomorrow we head to Manasquan Inlet and then on Sunday we head to NYC.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook