SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multihullgirl View Post
That is almost always the case. But you should have turned around and taken a picture from behind, for that would show the ugly pile of cruise ships and rows of gantry cranes along the Causeway and Dodge Island behind you. Not really much of a view, wouldn't you say?
Actually, I posted the view in the opposite direction back in #182... It's not bad, particularly after the sun sets, and the Miami skyline lights up... :-)

I don't notice the cruise ships or container port all that much, they're somewhat obscured by the large homes of the Rich & Famous on the isles, anyway... All part of being in the midst of a large port city, no?

Unquestionably, those cruise ships are among the ugliest creations of modern mankind:

However, they're not necessarily any worse than some of the 'Sailing Vessels' that pass through that anchorage... I'll take my view of the cranes on Dodge Island without that eyesore in the foreground, thank you... :-)

Furthermore, anyone who is overly offended by the sight of cruise ships, may want to think twice before sailing off to "Paradise", themselves... For that's where all these things are headed, after all... :-)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook