SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014
don't like leanin'

Multihullgirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor

We just overnighted. We were just about where in your picture, in the lower right corner, the seagrass ends as you move from lower right to upper right of the picture. We were arguably closer to Virginia Key. There is, though, an enclosed area if you were to continue along out of the photograph right and top. A little embayment at Virginia Key, apparently there used to be a bar there or something. The satellite pics show boats anchored up in there. We found the spot we were in via ActiveCaptain, and yes, we popped in there late after a sunset entry to Government Cut. Elsewhere here at SN I've put up a picture of the sunrise we saw anchored here.

This anchorage, as I'm sure y'all know, it is open from what I would think is the typical fetch in the area (southeast) so I wouldn't think anyone in their right mind would want to anchor there unless the conditions were just so. I should think that, and the lack of access, would limit anchoring as much as po-po from Fisher Island
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook