SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
I would really like to see a quote of me saying that " guys voyaging on $500 will be met with criticism and malice anywhere they go" . That doesn't sound like me. I never said that and I don't believe that. Nor do I look down on anyone, even if they have a small boat or small budget right now -- but that seems to me what you are doing. Now let's just go back to ignoring each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise
For $500 a month, you'd probably be anchored on the river some place you could hitch hike or walk down the railroad tracks to a convenience store to get overpriced groceries and maybe a case of cheap beer. Some locals might look upon you suspiciously if you anchor too often in front of their property. In my younger days we'd anchor anywhere and I remember one little wooded beach where a homeowner had his German Sheppard chase us off. If you come ashore in one of those odd places you had better be smiling and cheerful and try to make friends. People are shallow so it would really help if you looked good in a bikini. And because you anchored out a lot, the 57 varieties of local cops plus the CG would all get to know you - one at a time, one way or another. If you were legal, most of them would be polite about it. The jokes about how your boat smelled or how you flushed your toilet would influence how you were treated. Laundry would be sketchy. Its possible at a few marinas to base your dingy cheaply and moor the boat but that might cost you more than you can afford.

Seems to me you've forgotten your own post? Ignoring each other has nothing to do with this... If you say it live up to it!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook