SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
David Réard

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
David Réard is the NA as you can see on the data sheet in the first vid from 4:17...
Thanks, I did not noticed that it was on the movie. Great eyes, it was not very easy to catch and I did not expect to be there since it is not on his site.

That's funny because I had been some days ago on David Réard site trying to get more information about one of his designs and certainly that particular boat is not there. I believe he is not very happy with the way that cabin looks. Probably it is a variation of a Classic 395 with a "funny" cabin. Doesn't look classic anymore

Edit: It is a Classic 395, this one:

For the length probably he considered the LOA with that big spi pole. No other they had only taken pictures from that boat from below. Very nice hull.

The Classic 395:

David Réard's most know sailboat is the Bepox and I had already posted here also about other of his boats, the Walkabout 43:

http://www.walkabout.it/en/yachts-projects/

The Bepox:

I was on the site a week ago looking for information on this boat:

I wanted to make a post about it and his solo skipper, that after having circumnavigated on the "right" direction is planing to use this boat (that was designed for that) to circumnavigate by the three capes, but this time against the prevailing winds and without any fossil energies.

I am very curious about what David Réard will consider the best 34ft boat to do that. Certainly not as beamy as what he normally designs for general use with that size but with only 34ft it cannot be too narrow. A boat with that size with passagemaking in mind needs all stability it can get, including hull form stability but cannot be too beamy since it will be going upwind most of the time.

An interesting young NA and among the one that has more interesting stock plans. Very interesting and nice boats:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-25-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook