SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014
islander bahama 24

newhaul is on a distinguished road
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

Sorry if I piss people off here not my intent I happily glean any nuggets off all posts on the entire site the biggest thing I have seen here between the 500 thread and the 3000 thread
1) the people in both seem to be more concerned with actual numbers titled in thread than the general
Theme
2). In the 3 k they seem to be larger vessels with obviously higher operational costs ( heck some spend more on a bottom paint job than some others smaller vessels entire annual maintance ) not meant mean its just a fact.
3). Most on 500 thread are trying to do it cheaper and looking for suggestions where to cut costs some
4). More on 3k thread seem to post negatives about doing it cheaper. I know my . $300 boat would be just as accepted in an anchorage here as a multi million dollar yacht I have even gotten compliments from them about my boat. And yes it would cost more for me in the Florida and carrabian cruise grounds than here
All in all good info from most posters in both I have gotten some great info and ideas from both
(BTW I don't drink so that saves me a couple hundred right there but that's just me)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to newhaul For This Useful Post:
barefootnavigator (02-26-2014)