SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Propeller shaft dimension Oceanis 343 Clipper

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  overbored 
#1 ·
Hi!

I wonder to buy a new propeller from a guy who sells a propeller previously used on a Beneteau Oceanis 343 Clipper. The seller knows nothing about the prop and its dimensions ... Is there anyone here who knows the dimension of the shaft on the Oceanis 343 Clipper?

#7 ·
There's more to this than just shaft size. There are different tapers on the shaft that the prop must have or get machined. If I were you, I'd pay someone at a prop shop to check things out, just like you would hire a surveyor before purchasing a boat or a sailmaker before purchasing a used sail. Use the expertise of the experts, in this case.

#12 ·
I would call Beneteau, they can tell you exactly the prop that come on your boat by the boats number. being made in 2006 or so it most likely has the same 3YM30 that they all came with. doubt someone would repower since it is one of the latest models Yanmar makes. would suspect the engine needs some work to get it back to top performance. worn injectors are a common cause of lower power on those engines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.