SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS36 Merlin Model Comparison
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: CS36 Merlin Model Comparison

David,

BEFORE you put said baby stay on your boat, come out for a sail with me, you will NOT want a BS afterwards, excepting if you only use a 110 or smaller, or a really light cloth like my drifter. Otherwise, YOU NEED a person forward to move a genoa larger than 130 or so around the baby stay while tacking, or it can and will get caught, and one will need to go forward to un catch the genoa.

I have thought of a removable BS for my boat, but two boats like mine have lost masts locally. Not sure if it is due to a lighter mast sizing, or some due to some wood under the mast base that starts to rot. OR a combo there of. An adjustable stay would be nice to give the mast a bit more bend. BUT< I can adjust my mast enough with the back stay.

MBee, Yes David is teh person I mentioned as did Faster earlier in the thread that has a Merlin. A good guy, despite moving his boat closer to the shore vs being across from me......not sure if his beer supply gets emptied as much any more.....but that is another story.

Marty