SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Vimey is correct.
Perhaps this 3D model was prepared just a a sales tool, i.e. it's a pretty picture.
I have done that too.
But the type of 3D modeling I prefer can be used as a file for CNC cutting so it has to be dead acurate. This is a builder's tool and not just a sales tool.
I know that you don't make those pretty 3D pictures yourself. You work in 2D and then someone passes the images to 3D . NAs from the new generation like Owen and Clarke just don't use 2D for designing. They do it directly in 3D (and then take from there 2D drawings if needed).

That means that the drawing of that 130ft was made directly in 3D and when the study is finished a program will generate from there the perspectives they want, nice renderings and all. They just have to select the point of view and the angular that they want to use. That's the way those perspectives were generated. Computer don't make mistakes in what regards generating perspectives however boats look better from some angles than others and it is normal that the designer chose the most appealing angle as your designer has made with that boat you have posted.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook