SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Oceanis 38 / Dehler 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
Oceanis 38 a performance cruiser? I do not recall me saying that. And Dehler 38 much faster? Having owned an Oceanis 40, I do not think so. That the Oceanis 38 is not that fast in light wind is not that diffcult to predict looking at the rig but I felt something right in the hull when test sailing her and the magazines seems to agree.
Anders
But in fact you are saying that, I mean that the Oceanis 38 has almost the speed of a performance cruiser when you are saying that it will not be much slower than the Dehler 38, that one a performance cruiser.

Fact is that on the comparative test (Voile magazine) with all the boats of the water at the same time and weak to medium light wind the "cheap" Varianta 37 (an older Hanse hull) showed to be much faster than the Oceanis 38 and of course, the Dehler 38 much faster than the Varianta 37, even if the comparison is not fair since the Varaianta 37, like the Oceanis 37 is a family cruiser (main market) while the Dehler 38 is a performance cruiser.

I doubt it but maybe someone has the idea of racing the Oceanis 38 and then we can have the rating files where the differences will be clear. If nobody would take an Oceanis 38 for racing....that would be significant too, meaning it is not that fast

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook