SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
Yes. Now go find one with a cost breakdown like the ones I've posted (more than just one) so we can see what is included in the dollar amount because as we have seen what people include in their reported costs varies greatly.

I would love to be able to believe that the budget amount I had in mind 6 years ago works.
Don I agree... I tried getting into the budget they used but it's a link that wants to have you register on their site and I didn't have time to do that but it would be interesting how they're doing it.

Regarding this budget you posted I could see where someone with a smaller boat and an outboard would not need the huge fuel bill which incidentally drops part of the maintenance cost, having a smaller boat from 44 foot to 25-30 foot would drop significantly the slip/mooring cost per month, if you have medical that is sponsored by Medicare, VA , or other plan that would drop from that budget, other than what I see it's save a little there or spend a little more there... so as I mentioned in the above post it depends on the size of the vessel and how each plans to spend the money. Another thought is on the food costs are they including beer/alcohol in that because for those of us that do not have a need for beer/alcohol I could see that dropped by $50/week or $200/month?

We actually need someone with a vessel of the size I mentioned to do an actual budget while cruising... it's the only way to get better numbers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook