SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
I also like the Xp-38 a lot but as with almost all X-yachts, interior lay out always dissapoints me. As in the discussion about the Oceanis 38, other aspects than sailing performance might influence a choise of boat used for both nice sailing and live aboard capabilities. And how do 3 (or even worse a normal family of 4) look at TV comfortably in an XP-38 or Salona-38 interior?

Regards,
Anders
I don't know. I have a TV on my boat (come with the boat) but never use it. But when I can I will upgrade the quality of the stereo sound: That's what I like on the sailboat. At home on the winter I see lots of TV but on the boat I have always something better to do, including reading that I don't do much at home. A case of double personality

I agree with you that different cruisers have different needs and a choice of a cruising boat is influenced by the interior but for me (and my wife) the one of the Opium 39, Salona 38 or the new version of the XP 38 is good enough (even if we had a boat with a slightly bigger interior).

I could think of having a boat like the Pogo 12.50 (in what regards interior) if they put doors on it but my wife you not go with it. I certainly can understand that your family has another needs and having the family happy and together is very important to me and I certainly would consider that as very important while choosing a sailboat.

Probably what would satisfy you and your family is a boat that does not exist yet but that for what I have heard will fit your criteria, the one that is going to substitute the Azuree 40, if we took for comparison the new 46.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-01-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook