SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
Re: The futur Azuree 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
This new boat has nothing to do with the previous one, except the program. Regarding the existent model I really did not like too much the overall design (not referring to the type of boat) but what would put me away was a low AVS and a stability curve with not a good proportion between positive and negative stability. A boat that in my opinion should have more ballast to better those two aspects. A pity since the boat had a great interior.

Of course I only know what the lady from the Turkish shipyard (not dealer) had told me in Dusseldorf: That the 40 would be substituted soon by a Rob Humphreys that is known to make seaworthy boats.

Maybe you get lucky with the dimensions of the new boat. The Actual Azuree 40 has a hull with 11.99m a beam of 4.22m a draft of 2.6m and a B/D ratio of 25%. It is a bit better than on the Oceanis 38 given the bigger draft (same type of keel) but even so, low for a performance boat.

The Azuree 46 has a hull with 13.99, a beam almost identical to the 40fter (4.25m), the same draft, the same type of keel and a B/D ratio of 38%. That is a huge difference even considering that the 40' is proportionally more beamy.

I believe he will follow the same proportionality on the new Azuree 40 so you would have a 11.99m hull, if you are lucky 3.99 beam and also a comparable B/D ratio, one that will make the boat have a decent AVS a nice stability curve and that with a considerable hull form stability will gibe a very stiff and powerful boat. A very different boat regarding the actual one, except on the very good interior, I hope.

Regarding the dimensions you are absolutely right about the importance regarding price in marinas but not regarding the new Greek tax, at least in what regards visiting boats. I have been looking at it because I will sail there this year. In fact it is quite stupid since a boat with 13 meters can actually pay less than a boat with 11.99m that stay there for a month or too (boats between 7 and 12 meters have to pay for a year but boats with more than 12 meters can pay monthly).

Regards

Paulo
You have no information when Azzuree will release the new 40 footer?

Regards
Anders
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook