SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: Viko 30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
You seem not to have understood but ... blah blah blah....
.......that they had already said it is a completely different line, being the Viko 30s the first of a new series.

Regards

Paulo
No, Paulo, I understood just fine, and my post was not reinforcing your comments, quite the contrary. Maybe YOU do not understand !? I was referring to, as the subject line clearly states, the Viko S22, designed by Sergio Lupoli (same designer as the S30 ), the FIRST of a new line.
For accuracy's sake, the article you quoted never mentions that the S30 is a completely different boat than the S22, as you claim. It mentions, however, that the S30 is different from the previous high freeboard, voluminous line of boats (which will remain in production ), and presents a second line of production designed by Sergio Lupoli, just as the S22, the first of the line, I humbly posted about.
The same designer, the same builder, the same building, the same line of production...
Also mentioned about the S30: The price does not include an engine, and Yacht advises checking the options sheet, as the boat is very bare compared to others in its class.
I guess we will find out the details, when they actually sail the S30. Maybe she will pass the heeling test without taking on water, stay tuned...
I will however grant, that she is a decent looking boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook