SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for keel/centerboard design
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002

linusisabell is on a distinguished road
looking for keel/centerboard design

Soverel28, What sort of information are you looking for with regards to the Soverel 28?

As for Troyaux, I have to agree with Jeff_H, I grew up sailing/racing the "Dog Housed" version of this boat on Lake Erie with my family. Very solid boat, Mom and Dad would load myself, two brothers, a cousin, and family friend (co-owner) onto this boat for 2 week cruises around the great lakes (We''d fight over who got to sleep on deck). The boat also has a very competitive PHRF rating. As for club racing, Mom & Dad were still winning club races (double handed) against fully crewed newer/larger boats a couple of years ago. Although the boat was originally designed to be raced with a full crew of 6 plus, don''t let some of the old articles you might read about the boat scare you off. This was a lot of boat to handle in its day, but is very mild by todays standards (not to mention slow, heavy, overbuilt, and somewhat spartan). Dad has since moved up to a larger boat (not much newer though) and his partner bought out ownership in the Soverel (So it is still in the "Family"). Not to mention lots of great memories!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook