SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
The first real boat test with the Dufour 310

And surprisingly the ones I saw first are Italian ones but not surprisingly the one from Giornalle de la Vela is much better than the previous one.

The boat was sailed with a bit more wind, 10 to 13K on some occasions but mostly with weaker winds. With 10/13K the boat works perfectly on the configuration of main and small self taking jib offering a very good sail performance.

On this configuration, predictably, with very weak winds, the boat will need a code 0 to sail at a good speed (as has confirmed by the other test). On this one the boat confirms the very good impression I had regarding this hull that is just sweet.

The test results are very good. I will only translate what they say regarding sail performance. For the rest you can buy the magazine

Avventura, grandi velisti, test e grandi eventi: Ť VELA di marzo! | Sail magazine - sailing news - regattas - Cruise

"The wind left to be desired but at noon a breeze appeared, between 10 and 13 knots in the channel between Portovenere and Palmaria . We begin to tack upwind to measure the speed : 6.5 average and when the gusts puffed the boat accelerated rapidly touching 7 knots remaining easy on the rudder , without risking broaching and maintaining the course without the need for corrections on the ruder that does its duty even though it is not particularly deep.

The boat heels slightly over its chine and even in what regards changing direction the boat has a good performance , the hull comes out of the tack and accelerates quickly to a good pace .

On a beam reach we got 7 knots. We did not have aboard the asymmetrical : nevertheless even without one downwind the boat maintains a good pace : 6.5 knots. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-02-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook