SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jordan series drogue
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007
CosmosMariner

CosmosMariner is on a distinguished road
I have not acquired a sea anchor or drogue yet but have done a lot of research into both. In addition to reading the heavey weather sailing techniques used by the big names in cruising I have spent a couple of years reading about other people's experiences with various storm devices of these types and reviewing the specs and deployment and managment procedures for each. I've decided that I will buy the Jordan. Two things come into play in my thinking - nose to the wind and running with it. Initially I felt the nose to the wind para anchor was the way to go. After reading about other people's actual experiences the factors SD pointed out jumped out at me.

Running under control of a drogue whether ropes in a loop, a bridle, anchors etc seems to be a successful fovorite and while both techniques can be a life saver I now personally feel running is best and the Jordan is the best drogue. Again only my opinion bassed on other people's input and I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to put my money down on a Jordan.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook