View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: S22/ s30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
Sorry, forgot, rule 2....
Aren't you the clever one.

I declined to invest the 2 euros to download the Yacht.de test review of the Viko S22, which is presumably where Robelz found the critique of the boat originally referenced. However, the photos accompanying that review show a boat with very high freeboard (both under sail and in plan profile) - indeed, there's another photo of the boat completely laid over on its side, presumably without much effort required.

The Viko S22 was first launched in November, 2012. So, it would appear, that in the course of about a year Viko provided a new design brief to Sergio Lupoli that enabled him to design the Viko 30S with less freeboard and an overall more elegant design. Why is any of this controversial?

Not having the Yacht.de S22 review that Robelz presumably referenced, is it not possible that the Yacht.de reviewers hated the S22 but really like the S30? That's what I'm getting from all this. So then why is Paulo wrong in claiming that the earlier Viko boats - i.e., the S20 and S22 - were notable for their extremely high freeboard in comparison with the S30, all of which can be extrapolated from the available information.