SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar - fuel injection pump question
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007

rperret is on a distinguished road
Yanmar - fuel injection pump question

Hi

Have a 2004 1GM10. Just purchased boat and don't have a lot of specific experience with this motor. Has been hard to start cold - when I apply lots of throttle she'll start up. When engine is warm - she starts instantly.

Noticed strong diesel fuel smell yesterday, found diesel fuel on motor. Today, on closer inspection - and after trying to start 3X - i saw fuel and air bubbles ooze out under the banjo bolt - the fuel/air bubbles were coming out from the washer between the block and banjo bolt.

Appreciate any tips on replacing the bolt and washer - assume need to be careful not to bend the fuel line when replacing.

Also - the manual is not very clear on how to bleed the system. When i try the manual lift pump - i pump up and down - practically no resistance and when I opened up one of the bleed screws - no fuel was coming out. I understand that you need to turn the engine so the cam is against the pump lever so it works - since I don't have a manual hand crank for the motor, what is the easiest way to turn the cam?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook