SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar - fuel injection pump question
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-21-2007 Thread Starter
rperret

Yanmar - fuel injection pump question

Hi

Have a 2004 1GM10. Just purchased boat and don't have a lot of specific experience with this motor. Has been hard to start cold - when I apply lots of throttle she'll start up. When engine is warm - she starts instantly.

Noticed strong diesel fuel smell yesterday, found diesel fuel on motor. Today, on closer inspection - and after trying to start 3X - i saw fuel and air bubbles ooze out under the banjo bolt - the fuel/air bubbles were coming out from the washer between the block and banjo bolt.

Appreciate any tips on replacing the bolt and washer - assume need to be careful not to bend the fuel line when replacing.

Also - the manual is not very clear on how to bleed the system. When i try the manual lift pump - i pump up and down - practically no resistance and when I opened up one of the bleed screws - no fuel was coming out. I understand that you need to turn the engine so the cam is against the pump lever so it works - since I don't have a manual hand crank for the motor, what is the easiest way to turn the cam?

Thanks.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome