SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wheel steering for a Hunter 260
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007

walterj7 is on a distinguished road
Larry, Sorry that you think I was being sarcastic, but somehow I thought this was a Hunter Forum, or at least this section was designed to talk about Hunters.

And you really think you could sail a Hunter 33' with a tiller effectively, don't you? Well that's fine for you but when someone questions modifying their boat from tiller to wheel, maybe they think they either need it.

"I suggest you go easy on who you call irresponsible ! You have no idea who I am or how much sea time I have."
This goes for you as well because I'm just a young fellow with a little over a 1/2 century of experience sailing the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, Atlantic and even some Great lakes.

BTW/ I didn't call you irresponsible before, but maybe now I'm thinking of something closer to incredulous. Yeah that's it, your Refusing or reluctant to believe: disbelieving, questioning, skeptical, unbelieving, that someone could really want to do this kind of a modification, especially when this boat came (as an option) with it. Really you just want to rip out your wheel from your bristol and sail her with a tiller. Well go ahead and knock your self out..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook