SailNet Community - View Single Post - Spreader lights: One or two?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Just a comment: It would seem logical that you have to have two: one for forward and one to light up the center/aft/cockpit. However, there are times when you turn on the deck light you do not want it shinning on you. An example would be when weighing anchor at night (to keep your night vision) or when offshore and checking the rigging (so anyone down below can sleep).

When offshore (hell, forget offshore... an mile off the coast), your eyes are so accusted to the cave-like darkness that just a forward facing deck light will see like the sun came out.

I prefer a forward facing deck light with a seperate (red preferably, both red and white if you can) lights in the cockpit (IN the cocpit).

Just my thoughts.

- CD

PS Giu told you that product is junk, so take it back. You do not want to start drilling holes twice and you SURE don't want to go up that stick twice. Take it back and buy the good stuff.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook