SailNet Community - View Single Post - This is what Mamma likes...
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Yes Giu, I'm serious about it. I've looked at everything from "Joss" the Mac65 that set all the records back when, to Bendytoy 51's to Peterson 46' Flush Deck IOR's and most things in between. This one kinda catches my eye with the cutter rig (duel furlers) pilothouse (I live in the PNW) and the construction. The nice interior and uniqueness doesn't hurt either. I wanna be able to sail up here year round and we get some really crappy weather during the Fall and Winter. No ice but plenty of horizontal rain and 50 knot winds. It'd be nice to just run reefed and with the staysail when it's blowing dogs off the chains. stoutwench, she will be a sailing yacht and possibly a home for a while as well. I can bet ya she'll go out at least three times a week. Hell, I do that now with the little boat and I've gotta rig that POS up and down everytime. One thing I really liked was all the bilge access and the condition of the bilges. Lots of varnish or whatever he used and not a single drop of water or dirt. You could eat out of those bilges. Yes, the boat's been down the West Coast all the way to S. America so I know it'll go there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook