SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wife wants to live on a sailboat again....
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007

Snowwolf is on a distinguished road
It seems everyone say's I should go for it and liveaboard, since it is my wifes dream. It seems I am in a different boat than most guys here the wife wants me to move aboard. So I have some more questions, most of the books I am reading are about cursing offshore. This seems like a really great Idea, and I do plan to take this challange up in about 10 years from now. But back to the live aboard situation.
*First off is it really hard to find a place to Live Aboard where they will let you do it without being dishonest about it?
*When you live aboard do your clothes have the bad mold and boat smell and is there a way to fix this problem. We will still be working on land if we live aboard and I don't want to offend my co-workers?
*Also my main concern will be AC, I will have to buy a boat with AC or have it installed after the fact. Does the AC that is in most boats keep them cool enough so you are comfortable and not sweaty and hot we live in climate of Myrtle Beach SC and it gets hot and very humid.
*So we would be looking at about a $50,000 to $60,000 boat, so do you guys think with marina fees, boat payments & insurance and everything else that comes with living on a boat that it would cost over $2,000 month in the Myrtle Beach area, this is the budget I am shooting for on monthly fees so we can start saving money.
Well my wife is very excited about living on a boat again, I just want to make sure that we can afford it, and be able to save money in the process.
I am a creature of habit so this is going to be a big change for me, but I do need a big change in my life.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook