SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing SeaCock Gate Valve with Marine Ball Valve
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-30-2007 Thread Starter
Senior Member
saurav16's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 312
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
Send a message via AIM to saurav16
Replacing SeaCock Gate Valve with Marine Ball Valve


My boat has gate valves for the freshwater intakes one for the head and the 2nd for the freshwater intake for the engine. My surveyor told me that I should replace the gate valves with Marine Ball Valves for safety. I think it will be a pain to remove the old gate valve since its flush with the floor and connected to the through hull.
My question is would it be possible to keep those gate valves in open position and just add the marine ball valve right behind it so the series goes Hull==>Gate Valve (open pos)==>Marine Ball Valve?

can you use something like this|51|106370|813148|319675&id=102487
saurav16 is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome