SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007
barefoot members

roseandbear is on a distinguished road
i liveaboard and cruise on a 24 foot trimaran...i do drool over the pics of the fifty, sixty, seventy footers but there are so many things i love about the scale i am on....it's nothing to pull up the anchor and go sailing, it's fast, maintanence is minimal, there is more comfortable sitting and lounging space than the 30 foot sparkman and stephens i use to live on, the deck space is huge, there is nothing better than lying in the nets with a good book and a corona, with a 30 inch draft i can slip over sandbars that others have to go around, and i can anchor close enough to wade ashore...the cockpit is big enough for a comfortable double bed and my next project is to add a cockpit enclosure. overall, i love the simplicity of minimal electronics, no inboard with all there inherent problems and maintenance issues, few systems to fix, and the lack of rolling at anchor and flat sailing characteristics make for a very stable home....i hear so many owners of large boats looking forward to when they can go sailing after all the work is done and the upkeep money is made and the systems are fixed...ahhhhh....simplicity...but it's not for everyone...fortunately, i am a very organized person and i love small spaces
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook