SailNet Community - View Single Post - Restoring shine to metal parts (cleats, port hole metal)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007
Banned

tommyt is on a distinguished road
I swear by Prism Polish. Found it at a Strictly Sail show a few years ago and have ordered more directly from them since. It not only cleans metal including stainless and aluminum, but my favorite is that it also deoxidizes fiberglass. I use it on my sailboat but more importantly it restores the deep blue of a powerboat that I have in about 1/4 the time it used to take. I do not have any really bad metal that I have restored, but their presentation at Strictly Sail sure worked. They let the customer apply it to show how little you need.

Website is MP Pros: Metal polish and finish restorer and they have a 877 # of 377-5112. Cost is not cheap by any means but a little goes a long way. Example, this spring I did the entire cockpit, and decks of my 34' sailboat, plus the entire topsides and deck of a 21' SeaRay, plus a Sea Doo with a 2 pound jar for $40. Then I gave a neighbor the balance to restore the color to an old Sunfish that had not seen wax in about 20 years. He returned the balance to me.Thjey also sell 8 oz and 1 lb jars.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to reorder.
Guess I like the stuff. Wonder if I can get a commission?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook