SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stolen boat recovered...
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007

glory68 is on a distinguished road
Stolen boat recovered...

1968 40' Bristol that has been missing for over two years was located last week and is on its way back to Fort Lauderdale. The vessel was being lived on, but when word got out that the boat was found and about to be taken, the theif stripped everything, even the galley sink. Alll systems are dismanteled with parts missing. After putting pieces of the engine back together, the private investigator and the mechanic who were hired to seize the vessel and return her to me are slowly headed home with lights running off a portable battery pack and a hand held gps. They should arrive later in the week. Thank God for good friends, because I could not have gotten this far without them.

I am not going to be able to keep the vessel. Not that I would not like to, but other circumstances are going to prevent it. I am searching for advice as to how to proceed from here. Unfortunately, the vessel is going to have to be sold in some state other than completely restored. What should I do now? What should I leave for the new owner? Is there anyone in my area looking for work that knows about Bristol's? These questions could go on for ever, so anyone out there who has a little knowledge and experience to share wiith me?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook