SailNet Community - View Single Post - What ever happened to USyacht?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002

darrell123 is on a distinguished road
What ever happened to USyacht?

Interesting thread....

I recently bought a 1984 Pearson Triton 25. Although I knew very little about the boat or it''s lineage, the survey was great, the boat sailed well, and the price was defintiely right.

I initially had a very hard time finding out anything about the boat, but eventually found out that it was manufactured by Pearson, for one year only, in 1984. Pearson bought the molds from US Yachts, as a complement to their existing lines of boats. I believe Pearson made only 2 minor changes to the US Yacht product in my model, and they were very minor changes at that.

Pearson owners thumb their noses at these boats, seeing them as something less because they were not designed by somebody famous.

After having owned and sailed this boat for about 6 months, I can tell you that it is solid as a rock, well-constructed, and sails like a dream. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who knows about a website for US Yachts models or the 1984 Pearson Tritons, as I would like to find out as much as possible about them. I plan to keep her for awhile!

dlassonde@bccfinancial.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook