SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchoring, chain diameter is a big difference?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002

uri is on a distinguished road
Anchoring, chain diameter is a big difference?

OK, I read many things from CQR and a few for the bruce, I also investigate on the Delta, specially a report from Charles E. Kanter (www.hypermax.com/multihullsmag/magazine/articles/delta.htm) a test done over three years of cruising that is in my thinking impresive, I have been using always a CQR on my older boat a 31 moody I had worked well, but when I always looked at the anchor it had almost always an ear sticking out of the ground. And for what I read the CQR should be at least 35 lbs to start working well....The Bruce I don´t know exactly why but it doesn´t inspire me confidence (personal feeling), it may be stupid but that also counts when selecting an anchor, ( I may be wrong). So I will give a try to the Delta which I like , then again will be more important a heavier anchor or a heavier rode ?, I think the second if the anchor size is correct will be more important, specially if the anchor has been able to stick to the ground....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook