SailNet Community - View Single Post - Passed my Master's License tests today
View Single Post
post #41 of Old 06-07-2007
Boasun

Hey people
Congratulations on your obtaining your licenses.
I'm an instructor at Rhema Training Center here in Lafayette, LA. Teaching OUPV, 100 & 200 ton Mate/Master.
I hold a 1600 ton Master / 2nd Mate unlimited with ARPA radar, GMDSS, STCW and A/B unlimited.
Sailed as 3rd & 2nd Mate, 1600 Ton Master and A/B & Bosun. My 1st commercial license was a 100 ton Master back in Feb. 1979 after 21 years in the Navy as a Boatswain Mate with NECs in Damage Control, Mine Sweeping and Craft Master. My 2nd license was 3rd Mate unlimited.
Have worked around the world and there are many places I haven't been to yet. Capt'd Dinner/cruise boats, a Stern wheeler, Factory Fishing vessels, and assorted Work Vessels in the Gulf of Mexico. Mate on Research vessels, Unrep Tankers and cargo ships. Also as an A/B on research vessels and as mate also.
But working as instructor right now and it is satisfying for now. But I do meet a few dunder heads. Won't go there.
But the main thing is I always worked on the sea. Always had a roof over my family's head and food on the table. And more involve in my family's life when I was home then most stay at home fathers ever were.

My age?? I am 26 years old with 4 decades of experience of being 26.
Well that is what I tell myself when I look in the mirror... refuse to acknowledge that old man that I see there.

Will roll my license again in March of 2010

Last edited by Boasun; 06-07-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome