SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do You Sail or Motor?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007

southerncross31 is on a distinguished road
I remeber the first time i saw somebody artfully tacking through my mooring field, i was in awe. It has been my inspiration ever since. I can sail too and from my mooring on my Pearson 26 so most days i don't use the motor. I have a feeling it will be a different story with the SC31! That is, if it ever floats again! Do you think it's a bad sign when someone has siliconed around the INSIDE of the seacock and backing plate . Honestly though, i would rather sail at 1 knot than motor at 6. If there is somewhere i have to be it can WAIT! For me sailing is living and the rest is just preparation/work so I will stay out as long as possible. I was out on lake Champlain thursday...2-4 knts....no one was out except a few boats motoring around. I drive 3hrs to get there so i go out anyway. I had my sails up for about 3-4hrs, did some work on the boat then watched the beautiful sunsets there. Then I (all alone) was rewarded with 10 knots, no clouds and a huge sky full of stars. One of the most peaceful sails yet. I stayed out until midnight....slept till 6am and woke to 15-20 g30 and sailed under full main till the afternoon. Life is GOOD!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook