SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Waxing the Non Skid..

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hamiam 
#1 ·
The Poliglow discussion has me wondering when waxing in gerneral.. I am curious as to who does / does not wax the non skid portion on the topside - I have tried to in the past but with little sucess and now I think maybe its not such a good idea..

Any other thoughts on the issue ?

#2 ·
Use Woody Wax on the non-skid. :D They make a product specifically for non-skid.

#4 ·
Just put Woody Wax on the non skid last weekend. Looks good, and really sheds the water. Don't over do it with the spray or it will be slick. I had a couple of places where I got too much on and had to rub it off.

#5 ·
I follow the directions (novel idea) when applying Woody Wax on non-skid. It can be really slippery during the application, so be careful. After it dries, I wipe it down with micro-fiber towels to mitigate the slipperness. In between Woody Wax applications, I use Star Brite for non-skid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.