SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mustang /vs/ SOSpenders PFD - why the big $ difference?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007
Banned

capecodphyllis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim
Not yet. But, given your comments, perhaps I should. Then again: I had assumed somebody'd already done that and confirmed their efficacy.

There's a bit of an inconsistency in your argument, there.
You want it to auto-inflate? Fine, go ahead and install auto-inflate. I've decided to go with manual inflate, as have thousands of others. My only point is that the units you're looking at are - IMHO - better than nothing but they don't make for a very good lifejacket. As a lifejacket, they suck. If you're unconscious, I can't imagine them keeping you from drowning. In the placid water of lake woebegone they work perfectly, I'm sure.

Let's give a hand to SD for going the extra mile - that is, for knocking himself out just to test the latest and most advanced personal safety gear. Not too many people would do that.

Before you spend alot of money try one out in the water and decide for yourself. Take note: Perhaps Sailingpuppy has never ventured outside of Cape Cod Bay. He doesn't know what a BC is. Seems strange for an apparent old salt.

Last edited by capecodphyllis; 06-14-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook