SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailing to canada from usa
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
Quote:
he declared the pistol at Yarmouth and the authorities put it under lock and key. The dilemma was this: He could only recover the pistol if he departed from Yarmouth, they wouldn't send it to his port of exit from Canada or to the States. Nope, if he wanted his pistol he had to go back through Yarmouth. He was so frustrated. I don't know anything else about the law but this was his story as he told it to me.
Guns are a big deal up here. He is lucky that he declared it. If it had been discovered, he would have been arrested and might have had his boat confiscated. Zero tolerance.
Quote:
Hey, we are very nice to our Canadian vistors
It's changing - hearing more and more about the USCG chasing down boats that inadvertently cross the line down the middle of Lake Ontario ... hasn't happened to me (yet), and if it were an isolated report, I'd tend to dismiss it, but it seems to be a regular occurence these days ... Can't for the life of me understand why, as they are obviously monitoring them by satellite, and can see that there is no meeting of vessels to hand off contraband... Might just be one idiot Coast Guard station, may be a new policy...
Quote:
they are almost American
yes - standards have been slipping a bit lately - we'll have to pull our socks up huh ?
Quote:
...anyone you know?
Oh it must be - there are only 5 million people here - small town - and if we're not related then we've probably dated ..

No offense meant - just can't control myself...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook