Thanks, but I've already ruled out the OS and the PORT issues. The port I'm using is a serial, (Com1) and I know the GPS is constantly throwing out data because SeaClear sees it for hours at a time. I even looked at the data stream using SeaClear's Port Listner thing. I know it's not an Operating System problem because I get the same results using NT, XP and Vista. SeaClear works just fine in vista. I did have to emulate NT to get Captn to install but that is where the program is intended to run (for my version 5.2.0)
I'm looking for some one who knows the inside of Captn and may know of a setting I failed to see or a Registry Hack that stops the program from thinking the GPS has fallen Asleep.
I'd even be happy with a "I tried it and it does not work with a newer Garmin 182C"