SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ericson 30' 1984 leak problems??

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007   #1
AlexandraH is on a distinguished road
Ericson 30' 1984 leak problems??

My husband and I are in the beginning stages of our first boat purchase. We've been looking at a number of different builds but I found myself very attracted to the Ericson's. We looked at 4 1984 30' Ericson's and ALL of them had water damage to the flooring and baseboard wood. It looked like the windows leaked... but I couldn't figure out how the damage to the woodwork was so extensive with something as simple as a window leak (I guess I'm thinking along the lines that I would fix it as soon as I found it, therefore not much damage). We live in Southern California so it doens't rain that much nor that hard. Anyone know what it might be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist
expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
-William A. Ward
AlexandraH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook