SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying a Pearson 27 1987
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Izz -- I owned a 1989 P-27 hull #198 for 14 years. It's a great boat that can take more than you can. You'll enjoy her.

As for price, always start lower than you think the boat is worth and let the owner react. You can always go up but it's harder to come down without a survey showing problems of course. Don't be afraid of insulting the owner. When I sold mine I was never put off by what someone offered me. I eventually sold the boat for what I wanted out of her. But do make the offer subject to survey and then use that as a bargaining tool. The surveyor will give you a fair market price for the boat as well.

If the sale goes through, let me know and I can hook you up with a P-27 email list that has about 70 owners on it. A great resource.

Update -- Izz, I just sent you a private message on how to join the email list. Why not join now and ask the list? You might get some input from them before you put the offer in.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.

Last edited by SailorMitch; 06-21-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook