SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Joys and Pitfalls of Buying a New Boat - Part 1
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014

Regors is on a distinguished road
Re: The Joys and Pitfalls of Buying a New Boat - Part 1

[quote=dsullyec1;927701]Yes, we agree with you on this. If it came down to actually buying it, we would have the survey's done.

Typed in the link you suggested and couldn't find any articles by SailingDog or Boatpoker. However, did come across some interesting articles. We're both reading a lot now, which is helping us to learn. Going to look up the book on Amazon...see if they have it.

Personally, I think my husband and I need to do a lot more reading up on sailing, boats, pros and cons of boats, sea currents, weather, etc., etc., etc, before thinking of sailing. There's a lot to know here, and, to me, it's like learning a new language. Thanks for your feed back...every bit of info helps guide us along this new "blue road".[/quote]

Spend the summer taking sailing lessons before looking at boats in the flesh. It will give you more confidence and when you find what you think you want you can at least take it for a sail before buying. Get a feel for how difficult it is or isn't to sail.

Last edited by Regors; 03-05-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook