SailNet Community - View Single Post - Harken Magic Box (help!)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Harken Magic Box (help!)

You are a person with a lot more patience than I ever had. I''ve never disassembled a Harken Magic box so I can''t tell you how many ball bearings you are supposed to have. My suggestion is that you email Harken directly at http://www.harken.com/. You can email their techincal department at <technicalservice@harken.com>

I belive that they also have an 800 number which I can''t find right now but its in their U.S. Catalogue.

Harken is a great company to deal with in terms of warrentee. They have taken back, almost no questions asked a failed 8 year old ratchet block and a 10 year old bullet block from me and sent me brand new ones in the past. I doubt they''d send a new magic box but I would not be surprized if they''d send the missing ball bearings (if there are any). I don''t think you are supposed to lube Harken gear except with one product and I can''t recall what that is but they don''t make the product; someone else does.

Good luck
Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook