SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2014 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
If you want to be right downtown, the closest to and safest is Baltimore Marine Center at Inner Harbor, adjacent to the Rusty Scupper restaurant. The marina is gated, has good shower facilities, small ships store and a short walk to all the inner harbor activities. This probably where we'll stay if we overnight before the game.

Another option for overnight is the city dock, it's relatively cheap but it's not gated. I have stayed here a few times. Only once have we had an odd encounter. It was in the middle of the night when someone boarded our boat. Turns out it was some guy on a large catamaran by himself whom said he lost one engine and was pushing off? It was strange and I reported it to the authorities. I observed all kinds of mess in the cockpit including open bottles of various beverages. And who wears work boots and a overalls when out sailing? Nothing happened but it was certainly start taking to hear footsteps on your boat and knowing someone's there.

Another option is the city docks, but the bulkhead right in front of the Light Street pavilion. Fun for these afternoon but I wouldn't stay there for the night.

Yet another option is the free dockage on the bulkhead in Fells Point. I've stayed here a few times with no isssues, it's right in the middle of FP, if you want to be close to 3 very thing it's fun. IIRCC, just watch the concrete bulkhead, you'll need some decent sized fenders.

There many marinas there, Harbor East is another and close to Canton. Canton has many good restaurants and night life as well.

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by T37Chef; 03-08-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook