SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014
Captain Obvious

Sal Paradise is on a distinguished road
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

"One of our favorite spots was in Los Hadas Mexico, the hotel where the movie "10" was filmed. Moorings were about 6 bucks a night and that included use of all the hotel amenities. Beautiful pool with white towels, drinks poolside and a reasonable BBQ evening and dancing. Most places we've come across are welcoming to yachties, have a drink, meal and the place is yours". - aeventyr60

That sound so cool. One of the skills of any kind of traveling, is the ability to find friendly places to stop. I am probably violating some kind of forum rule but I will say it anyway - it's a "good principle" to basically to welcome strangers and to share what you have. No doubt there is a conflict between that and the mentality of always paying/always charging for everything and for too strenuously enforcing private property rights. Some will say that we have to survive and so pay us for everything, even a glass of water, but personally I like to see people being generous and friendly. Many waterfront owners who offer free hospitality end up doing very well financially as a result. Whether that is karma. or pay it forward, or some golden rule who cares, but it makes life more fun and we all know it when we see it and I like to patronize those places with our dollars when we can.

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger

Last edited by Sal Paradise; 03-10-2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: edited to be less provacative
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook